- Get paid up to 2 days faster with free direct deposit
- Avoid check cashing fees and long lines - do all online
- No fee cash withdrawal from Ace Flare Bank account
- Optional Netspend pre-funded check service
- High yield saving with up to 6% APY
- Plus 0.01% Annual Percentage Yield (APY)
- Optional debit card overdraft protection
- Earn additional interest on your core flare account
- Payback rewards program
- Metabank is now Pathward, N.A.
Information - Rates - Fees
No Credit / New to Credit
Monthly Fee (with DD): $5.00
Additional Statment: $5.95
ATM Balance Inquiry Fee: $1.00
Application Processing Fee: $3.00
Card Replacement: $3.95
Custom Card Fee: $4.95
Account Closing Fee: $15.00
Card Reload Fee: FREE
Overdraft Fee (Optional): $20.00
Foreign Transaction Fee: 3.0%
Card delivery (3 days): $20.00
Card delivery (1-2 days): $25.00
Account-to-Account Transfer Fee: $4.95
Review by CreditCardsLab
The ACE Flare Visa Prepaid Debit Card gives cardholders the opportunity to enjoy the benefits of having a credit card without the overdraft fees and without the interest charges. A person is restricted to spend just the amount of money that is on the card. The money is FDIC insured and the card can be replaced if lost or stolen for a fee. Cash can never be replaced, making the card safer than cash.
For fee customers, there is a small monthly account fee that is charged, allowing PIN and signature purchases to be free. Pay-as-you-go customers pay a small fee per signature and per PIN transaction. Overall, the fees are low and reasonable so that an individual can enjoy the freedom of being able to carry out transactions the same is if the card were a credit card. Online and offline purchases, paying bills online and offline, renting cars, and reserving hotel rooms are the types of things that can be done.
- FREE Savings Account
- No-fee cash withdrawal
- Optional overdraft service
- Does not report to Credit Bureaus
*The information provided for Flare Account® Debit Card is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Nov 30, 2022). We strongly advise visitors to review the fees, terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.