Finance & Credit Card News
Credit Card Blog Posts
Credit Card Articles
Available Credit Cards
The internet makes it easier to not only communicate with people all over the world, but e-commerce makes it easy to buy the things you need without having to leave your home. You can also send money using electronic gift cards.
No matter the occasion, the gift of cash is always appreciated. However, in today’s world of international relationships, it is not always easy to simply give cash to your friends and family. Sending cash through the e-mail is usually not a great idea as you cannot know for sure if your mail will ever reach its intended destination. Of course, it could get lost or stolen. Alternately, wiring money is convenient but it also expensive. Because of the growing use of the internet, though, there is another alternative that is both easy and inexpensive: an Amex eGift Card.
Any Reason Any Time
First of all, electronic gift cards are appropriate for any occasion. There is no wrong reason to give someone money and anyone who is celebrating an event worth noting will certainly appreciate receiving a few extra bucks. It doesn’t matter what the occasion could be, an electronic, online gift card might be just the thing for someone deserving of a simple, but thoughtful gift. For instance, you might want to send someone an electronic gift card for:
- A birthday
- High school or college graduation
- College student moving expenses
- A little "thank you"
It is much easier to give an online gift card like this because it does not require you to physically visit a store to purchase the certificate. It also does not require you to have to send something through the mail, which can take a week or more (and there's no guarantee it will ever reach your honoree). Furthermore, because the gift card bears the American Express symbol, it equates to a debit card that can be used online to purchases anything from any retailer within the American Express network. This is important to remember as the card cannot be used at a physical store, only with online retailers that accept American Express.
Gift certificates, the precursor to gift cards, have always been a good gift idea for any occasion. These days, nothing has changed in this regard. People still appreciate the ability to give something that can be catered to individual needs or desires which, of course, is precisely the reason people love receiving them. The convenience of online access, though, benefits both the giver and the recipient thanks to the simple American Express online interface:
- Purchase an eGift card using your American Express Credit Card (and earn Membership Rewards in the process)
- Apply your American Express Membership Rewards towards the value of a new electronic gift card
- Use another credit card (Visa, MasterCard, Discover Card) to purchase an American Express eGift card
- Combine payment methods (Membership Reward points and one or more credit cards) for increased convenience and versatility to meet your needs.
Now that you understand the benefits to sending and expending an electronic gift card from American Express, you might be interested to learn about the process of getting one. Thankfully, the application process is almost as simple as spending the balance. When you visit the website, you will be asked for some standard information, things that you might expect for any application process.
- Your name
- Your billing address
- Your phone number
- Your birthdate
- Your e-mail address
These are, of course, for the verification process of making an online purchase. You will also be asked for a couple of other things that will be used for the final gift card:
- The name of the eGift card recipient (optional)
- The e-mail address to which you would like the eGift card sent
- The value of the eGift card
- Your name (optional)
- Personal message (optional)
Obviously, this is a very simple process and will not take much time at all. When you finish the application, the recipient of the gift card will get an e-mail explaining the gift and how to activate it.
When you give an Amex eGift Card, you not only give money to someone who appreciates it, but you'll give the convenience and power of online retail. You will also give the versatility of international coverage with the American Express network.
- TurboTax Tax Refund Visa® Card Indigo® Mastercard® with Fast Pre-qualification H&R Block Emerald Prepaid Mastercard®
- First Digital Mastercard® Credit Card Charity Charge World Mastercard® Credit Card Reflex Mastercard® Credit Card
- Merrick Bank Secured Visa® credit card Indigo® Platinum Mastercard® Upgrade Visa® Card