- No mileage earning limit, and miles don't expire
- Check your first bag free on every Delta flight
- Priority Boarding and 20% In-Flight Savings
Information - Rates - Fees
Miles do not expire as long as the frequent flyer account is active during a 2-year period.
The introductory rate is available for 12 months on balance transfers submitted during the application process.
Review by CreditCardsLab
The Platinum Delta SkyMiles credit card is issued by American Express. It's a low interest card charging a slightly high annual fee. Purchase APR is somewhat low and balance transfers incur no transfer fee. Card applicants are encouraged to transfer balance from higher interest cards to benefit lower balance transfer interest during a long term intro period.
Members who plan to take advantage of this program will redeem a free flight ticket with a first purchase. Other purchases earn as low as a mile per $1 spent with double miles reserved for everyday purchases. 2,500 bonus miles are awarded to those members who order additional cards for friends and family. There's no yearly limit and miles earned expire after a 2 year period.
Card members are made privy to additional benefits such as travel accident insurance, auto rental insurance, zero fraud liability, fraud protection, guaranteed hotel accommodation with a travel and emergency assistance service.
- Double miles
- Free companion ticket annually
- Etra bonus points
- No enrolment to Membership Rewards program
Rewards & Benefits
Universal Reward Cards
- 2,500 bonus miles for adding additional cardmember
- Free Companion ticket annually
- 1 mile for every other $1 spent
- Year-end financial statement
- Emergency card replacement
- Travel and emergency assistance services
- Guaranteed hotel and motel reservations
- Medical and Legal referral services
- Auto rental insurance
- $100,000 in travel accident insurance
- Fraud protection
- Zero liability for unauthorized Internet transactions
See terms and condition for more benefits
The information provided for Platinum Delta SkyMiles Credit Card from American Express is believed to be accurate at the time of evaluation (Aug 28, 2012). We strongly advise visitors to review the terms and conditions to verify accuracy of the information posted prior to applying for the product.
- AccountNow® Gold Visa® Prepaid Card Discover it® Credit Card - 18 months intro Cincinnati Bengals Extra Points Credit Card
- USAA Rate Advantage MasterCard® Vision Silver℠ Prepaid MasterCard® Williams-Sonoma Visa® Signature Card
- TurboTax Tax Refund Visa® Card American Express e-Gift Card READYdebit® Control Prepaid Visa® Card